PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) is the 5-letter acronym that defines my college life. Since my freshman year, I have been active in the University of Florida’s Alpha Chapter. Established in 1968, it holds a rich history of excellence that still garners national praise today.
This is the organization that has literally taken me across the globe (and taken my résumé to the next level). Here’s how:
- Signed on as an active member (and signed my life away)
- Account Associate, Alpha PRoductions
- Logistics Director, Etiquette Dinner Committee
- Firm Director, Alpha PRoductions (promoted from Assistant Firm Director)
- Elected to Executive Board
- Won 1st Place for Communications and Social Awareness in Solar Decathlon Europe 2010 in Madrid, Spain (on behalf of Alpha PRoductions)
- Won FPRA Image Award for Solar Decathlon communications campaign
- Won FPRA Image Award for When Did You Become a Gator? campaign
- Nominated to join Dean’s Student Advisory Council
- Selected to serve on Future Trends Panel, hosted by UF PR Advisory Council
UF PR team took home the top prize at Solar Decathlon Europe 2010; June 2010 in Madrid, Spain
- Chapter President
- Attended PRSSA National Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Won competitive bid to host 2011 PRSSA National Conference in Orlando, Fla.
- Won PRSSA National Best Student-Run Firm Award for Best Campaign for Solar Decathlon Europe
Alpha PRoductions team accepting award for Best Student Run Firm: Best Campaign; October 2010